We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. By visiting and using our website you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
Information we collect from you
We’re only interested in information that’s essential to processing your order and giving you the best possible service:
- Names and postal addresses for you and the cake recipient
- Contact information including email addresses and phone numbers
- IP addresses (to ensure vouchers can’t be used multiple times)
- Browsing data (pages visited, length of time, etc.)
- The type of cake you order.
We don’t see or have access to credit card payment details as these are dealt with by UTP/Barclaycard, our payment gateway. All payment information is encrypted using SSL technology
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to:
- Process your orders and send out discount vouchers
- To contact you if there is a problem with your order
- Enable our delivery service (DPD or Royal Mail) to advise recipients of impending delivery
- Ask for reviews (we’ll only ask once)
- Send occasional emails with offers and news updates (from which you can unsubscribe at any time)
What we disclose to third parties
We take privacy very seriously. There’s little need for us to disclose your information to third parties. We don’t sell the information or use it in any way other than for the purposes listed above. The only third parties involved are:
- DPD & Royal Mail (for delivery purposes)
- Google Analytics (IP addresses, but not names or contact details)
How we store your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. It’s stored on servers in the UK which are backed-up daily. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, there are appropriate physical, electronic and procedures (firewalls, passwords, etc.) to safeguard and secure the information.
You can unsubscribe from our email list by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link located on the bottom of our emails.
Subject to adequate proof of identity:
You can request details of personal information that we hold about you.
You can have any personal information corrected by contacting us to explain what is incorrect or incomplete.
You can request that your personal information is deleted.
Contact details for all of the above requests are:
Email = email@example.com
Postal Address = The Data Protection Officer, Fairman Trading Ltd., The Gift of Cake, PO Box 5205, Bradford on Avon, BA15 5BU.
Telephone = +44 (0)1225 867802.
Cookies should enhance your experience of our website. Cookies can also save you time as they help us to remember who you are.
We use the following types of Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the proper operation of our website, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the site.
Analytical/performance cookies – These allow us to count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site. This helps us improve the way our service works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
Users can elect to not accept cookies if they wish. Most browsers also offer users an option of a blanket rejection of all cookies although doing this will mean many websites don’t operate properly.